Fred's EVOC 502 WA1 Assignment Criteria - Emulate this EXAMPLE.
The purpose of EVOC 502 WA1 was to prepare a list of Assertive Discipline Rules and Penalties that would be appropriate for the course I teach in Beginning Underwater Basket Weaving. The following six criteria were specified:
- Comply with all of the General Criteria for Written Assignments.
- List and briefly describe at least one good resource from which further information about assertive discipline can be obtained.
- List a minimum of five rules that reflect reasonable student behavior in the situation in which you function (or expect to function) as an instructor.
- List the penalties (or consequences) for breaking those rules, indicating the increased severity of the penalties for repeated offenses. Be sure that the penalties you describe are both reasonable and enforceable.
- Prepare the rules as a one page contract that can be signed by the student. Type or word process the rules contract. Careful consideration should be given to margins, headings and overall appearance.
- Everything should fit on one side of one 8.5 by 11 page and it should be clearly reproduced on high quality paper so that it will look professional.
The following sources of information were used relative to this assignment:
- Fudrucker, Fred - From my own professional experience.
- (list at least one additional resource here)
Fred's EVOC 502 WA1 Ruled and Penalties - Emulate this EXAMPLE.
New page: do not exceed 1 printed page for the Rules and Penalties.
RULES AND PENALTIES FOR A COURSE
IN BEGINNING UNDERWATER BASKET WEAVING
RULES for STUDENTS:
- Report to each class session on time.
- No smoking at any time.
- No food or drink in any class room or pool area.
- Do not enter pool without instructor's explicit permission.
- No gum chewing while working under water.
- No talking while working under water.
- No flimflams are permitted in the "Big" pool.
- Each student must provide his/her own towel.
PENALTIES for BREAKING THE RULES:
- 1st Offense: Verbal Warning and Documentation
- 2nd Offense: Loss of Pool Privileges and Documentation.
- 3rd Offense: One-Day Suspension and Documentation.
- 4th Offense: Three-Day Suspension and Documentation.
- 5th Offense: Dropped From Class and Documentation.
STATEMENT of COMPLIANCE:
I _____________________________ (student) have read and understand all the rules and penalties listed above. I agree to comply with all the rules and if I should happen to break any of the rules, I agree to accept the prescribed penalty.
Student's Signature and Date