Student Organization Proposal
Specific Information and Criteria
OBJECTIVE - Each EVOC 502 scholar will develop a proposal, in accordance with the six criteria indicated below, for the formation of a student organization in a school in which he/she might teach or is presently teaching.
RATIONALE - Student organizations (clubs) can provide an excellent environment to apply and further cultivate knowledge and skills learned in class. It is extremely important to have the support of school administrators when planning the development of a student club. Instructors should be able to clearly communicate both the value and the type of support needed to establish and maintain a student club.
CRITERIA - It is expected that each scholar will:
RESOURCES - Solicit information and suggestions from administrators and other instructors who are involved with student organizations. Visit the library and tell the librarian you want to find information about student clubs. The American Vocational Association (Association for Career and Technical Education) is also a good source of information about vocational student organizations . Take a look at Fred Fudrucker's WA2 Example to see what a correctly formatted WA2 proposal should look like.
- Comply with all of the General Criteria for Written Assignments.
- Develop a proposal for a student organization (in the form of a letter or memo) that would convince a school administrator that such an organization would be worthwhile.
NOTE: Scholars who have been advisors to student organizations may elect to describe that experience as long as the information indicated in items 3, 4 and 5 below is addressed.
- Include specific information in the proposal about how the organization could be facilitated and how it would be beneficial to students.
- Indicate any cost involved, what facilities would be needed and what sort of faculty, staff and administrative support would be required.
- List and briefly describe at least one good resource from which further information about student organizations can be obtained.
- Limit the length of the proposal to not more than two pages. It is very important that this document be both diplomatic and factual.