PREPARATION OF THE CAREER SYNOPSIS DOCUMENT
One Page Professional Career Synopsis
SA1 Specific Information and Criteria
The one page Career Synopsis is a document that EVOC Scholars can use to convey specific information about themselves to others. In order to insure that the Synopsis exemplifies professionalism and communicates specific information in a clear and consistent manner, the following criteria must be met:
- The Career Synopsis should be written as a narrative from third person perspective and should not include any "first names" in the narrative. Emulate the format and style of
- All text should be word processed with appropriate margins so that a hard copy printout would not exceed one side of one printed page. Font type and font size may be adjusted as necessary, but should be large enough to be easily read.
- Each Career Synopsis should include a portrait style photograph of the scholar. If posting on a web site, be sure to crop and compress the photo before posting it. It should be possible to post a good small photo that doesn't require any more than 20k of memory.
- Information about present employment, work history, educational background, community involvement and personal interests should be included.
- Send a copy of your Career Synopsis to the EVOC 502/503 course instructor as an attachment to your Distance Learning Contract Request e-mail.
It is very important to make a good first impression, so all scholars are encouraged to take whatever time is necessary to produce a professional looking Career Synopsis that will convey the kind of image that a professional educator is expected to project.