Overview of Written Reports (WR)
SCROLL DOWN and follow text links where indicated.
There are nine Written Reports required for the ECTS 518 course. The links below lead to specific informations and examples for each report.
Scholars who would like feedback (or reassurance), may send a draft of any assignment (within the text of an e-mail message, NOT as an attachment) to the ECTS 518 instructor. Please review and follow the Criteria that apply to all ECTS 518 Written Reports at the bottom of this page (SCROLL DOWN).
Be sure to review the information about ECTS 518 STATUS REPORTS.
The links below lead to the individual examples for each of the Written Reports:
Criteria that apply to all ECTS 518 Written Reports:
- WR1 - Resource Directory - A list of personal contacts to use when in need of technical, teaching or even moral support.
- WR2 - System for Evaluation of Teachers - Information about how YOU are (or should be) evaluated as a teacher.
- WR3 System for Evaluation of Students - Information about how you evaluate (or should evaluate) your students.
- WR4 - System for Classroom Management - Information about how you operate (or should operate) in the environment in which you teach.
- WR5 - Material For A Substitute Instructor - What a substute needs to teach if you should be absent for one day.
- WR6 - Teacher Observations - What you learn and learn to avoid from observing other teachers.
- WR7 - Collected Lesson Plans - Specific examples of particular lessons you have taught or plan to teach.
- WR8 - Personal/Professional Mission Statement - How you define who you are and how you interact with others.
- WR9 - Narrative Essays - How you apply "Mastery and the "Eighth Habit."
- WR10 - Selecting an English Learner Program - How to select an English learner program.
It is very important for your written work to be PROFESSIONAL. All of the following will be considered by the instructor to evaluate each assignment: WRITING QUALITY, SUBSTANCE, QUALITY OF THINKING, GRAMMAR, SYNTAX, STYLE and the DEGREE TO WHICH WHAT WAS WRITTEN APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED IN TERMS OF THE WRITER'S OWN UNIQUE CIRCUMSTANCES.
Reports that are well prepared and in compliance with all of the criteria stated above and all of the criteria stated on individual information pages will earn full credit.
NOTE: All of the Written Reports should be included in the Portfolio that each ECTS 518 Scholar is expected to complete and submited to the ECTS 518 Instructor no later than the date indicated for the quarter for which the scholar is officially enrolled.
Follow the Quick Links below to go directly to those pages:
518 Home | Written Reports | Required Reading | Support Materials | Media Presentations | Extra Mile